Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gandhian Veteran being Victimised

Govt checking records in Army, trying to dig out information about me: Hazare

Mumbai: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare today alleged that the Government was trying to dig out information about his past by checking his records in the Army and sending people to his village in Maharashtra to check on his organisation.

"They (Government) have sent people to check my records in the Army. They want to see if they can find something during my service years. I have not done anything wrong throughout my life," Hazare, who served as a jawan in the Army for 15 years, told reporters at the Mumbai Press Club.

"They have put people after me. They have sent people to my village to check on my organisation. I have no bank balance, so what will you find? I live in a temple in an eight feet by ten feet room. I just have a plate to eat and a bed to sleep on. What will you find?" Hazare, who hails from Ralegan Sidhi village in Ahmednagar district, said.

Alleging that the Government's intentions are not right and that is the reason why they are trying to defame the civil society spearheading the anti-graft campaign, Hazare said, "I haven't allowed a single blot on my character in my entire life."

The 74-year-old Gandhian said he was firm on his decision to go on an indefinite fast in Delhi from August 16 for a strong Lokpal Bill to tackle corruption.

"Mumbaikars should come and support the agitation against corruption," he added.

Criticising the government's draft of the Lokpal Bill that was presented in the Lok Sabha recently, he said it was a betrayal of the people.

"The Government said they would present their draft as well as our draft before the Union Cabinet but they betrayed the people by presenting only their draft," he said, adding that the government should withdraw their Lokpal Bill and either bring a new Bill afresh or make amendments in it."
Read more at: Govt checking records in Army, trying to dig out information about me: Hazare

No comments:

Disclaimer

The contents posted on these Blogs are personal reflections of the Bloggers and do not reflect the views of the "Report My Signal- Blog" Team.
Neither the "Report my Signal -Blogs" nor the individual authors of any material on these Blogs accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Blogs.
This is not an official Blog site. This forum is run by team of ex- Corps of Signals, Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, Director General of Signals or Government/ State.
The Report My Signal Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The Blog Team is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the blog in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
Blog Moderator: Lt Col James Kanagaraj (Retd)

Resources