Sunday, July 3, 2011

Saluting our Heros

2 July 2011
Dear Friends,
I’m delighted to announce that my compilation of posts featuring Param Vir Chakra awardees is finally complete. The series started with a simple idea on a lazy summer afternoon of 2009 – and soon became a labour of love…I pored over numerous articles and web pages to do my research while writing this series…but not for a moment did I feel that the effort was in vain. Writing about these brave men – and their exploits – was perhaps the most inspiring and motivating thing I have done in a very long time. The “book” is now ready. I intend to formally release it on 26th July, on the occasion of “Kargil Vijay Diwas” which marks the most remarkable week of “Operation Vijay” that ended with the award of four Param Vir Chakras.

Needless to add, writing this series has been an extraordinary and extremely fulfilling experience. Each post reminded me of how fortunate and blessed we are to have people like these defend our borders and our freedoms…Sadly the stories of these “Param Veers” are not widely known. This is a humble effort to change that…

The “book” will be available to purchase online. And you can also download a pdf version for a small modest charge. Details to follow shortly.

All the funds raised from the sale of this book will be channeled into my various activities. I will be seeking donations to help me publish large quantities that can be printed/ distributed locally in schools in various cities across India. If you can help with this (even in terms of just managing logistics etc), pl leave a comment below or email me. I would also like to hear from anyone who can help translate this into Indian languages.

This effort would not have come to fruition without the unstinted support of my wife and daughter – who sacrificed countless hours of their time – so that I could work on these blog posts and help spread awareness about these heroes. This is our very humble tribute to the ones who did not come back. They died so that we can live – in peace. Let us ensure that these men are not forgotten. Let us ensure that the stories of their valour are told and re-told. Jai Hind, Jai Bharat!
Shantanu
“Saluting our Heroes” and a labour of love

No comments:

Disclaimer

The contents posted on these Blogs are personal reflections of the Bloggers and do not reflect the views of the "Report My Signal- Blog" Team.
Neither the "Report my Signal -Blogs" nor the individual authors of any material on these Blogs accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Blogs.
This is not an official Blog site. This forum is run by team of ex- Corps of Signals, Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, Director General of Signals or Government/ State.
The Report My Signal Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The Blog Team is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the blog in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
Blog Moderator: Lt Col James Kanagaraj (Retd)

Resources