Saturday, October 23, 2010

Disability Pension- Presentation to RRM

Dear Friends,
Jai Hind.
An email and its attachment just received from , is reproduced below. You may also like to visit the Disabled War Veterans website click here.
In service of Indian Military Veterans
Chander Kamboj

From: hnhanda
Sent: 23 October 2010 10:03
Subject: Disability Pension- A Presentation to RRM
I had been invited by Brig Gulia, Chairman IESL, to give a presentation to the RRM and other very senior officers. The Secy (ESW) and Gen Shankar Roy Choudhary were present. Date of presentation 22 Oct 10.
I was overwhelmed at the response received from those attending the gathering on the occasion. In fact the RRM congratulated me and requested a copy of my presentation for him to take with him to study. I gave him along with my presentation click here, a copy of Medical responsibilities of other countries specifying the responsibility of Prosthetics. Along with that, I gave him a copy of the AFT judgment specifying that:
  • War Disabled should receive Maximum pay of rank as they are deemed to have served 33 years.
  • Gratuity and other concessions should be made available to Short Service Commissioned officers.

    At the end of the presentation, he promised to act on the issues especially on Data of War Disabled on an emergent basis and also take up anomalies on account pay raised by others. On this score, he advised that each item to be acted upon should be on a seperate sheet rather than on the same page. He also promised to put a halt on unnecessary appeals on AFT judgments.

    I thank Lt Gen Vijay Oberoi, who granted me permission to use his earlier article, which I did to the maximum and Satnam for his advice when formulating my presentation. I thank Brig Gulia and his team for providing me the opportunity to present our case. I had to also speak on behalf of Veterans and War Widows as their representatives had to cancel at the last minute.
    (Foot note- In my presentation I brought out the 5th Pay commission acceptance, the widows pension not being increased and the other aspects discussed in Inder’s office albeit in my own way.
    Hari Handa)
    Best wishes and regards,
    Col H N Handa
    President, Disabled War veterans(India)
    Click Links Below:
    Disabled War Veterans
    Presentation to RRM by Col HN Handa to RRM on 22 Oct 2010
  • No comments:

    Disclaimer

    The contents posted on these Blogs are personal reflections of the Bloggers and do not reflect the views of the "Report My Signal- Blog" Team.
    Neither the "Report my Signal -Blogs" nor the individual authors of any material on these Blogs accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Blogs.
    This is not an official Blog site. This forum is run by team of ex- Corps of Signals, Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, Director General of Signals or Government/ State.
    The Report My Signal Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The Blog Team is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the blog in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
    Blog Moderator: Lt Col James Kanagaraj (Retd)

    Resources